Thursday 23 July 2015

One Minute Gaming #56 - Fallout Shelter

Fallout Shelter Living Quarters

This week I've been playing Fallout Shelter, a resource and people management game based on the ever popular Fallout game.

You are in charge of an underground Vault - a safe place from the world after a nuclear war and you have to manage the resources like power, water and food to keep your survivors alive.

Each survivor who turns up at the door to your vault has variable characteristics and each characteristic is best suited for one of the occupations inside the vault. As Overseer, you assign survivors to work in the most appropriate area.

You can send survivors back out into the world to scavenge for additional supplies like weapons and armor. You need armor and weapons to defend your vault against raiders and rad roaches otherwise your may get over run.




You can also expand your community by assigning male and female survivors to the living areas - if they hit it off, they retire to the bedroom and she then emerges pregnant!

Sadly it's not optimised for iPad 2 so I've been having regular crashes and it's not available at all for Android until August but from what I've seen, it looks like a great game. I'd give fallout Shelter an 8 out of 10 and I'm hopeful they will make it work on older iPads & iPhones soon.

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

So until next time, have fun!


****************

Check out my other projects
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

and my Kindle Book
Improve Your Flower Photography 

****************

No comments:

Post a Comment