Wednesday 8 October 2014

One Minute Gaming #27 - Star Wars Commander

This week, I downloaded Star Wars Commander. At first glance, it's very much a Star Wars themed Clash of Clans, a resources management, base building type game. The tutorial is filled with familiar faces and the Intergalactic nature of the graphics are pretty good.

You build your base using alloy and credits which are the two resources you will be collecting and waiting for. At the lowest levels, resources can build up fairly easily, the building upgrades are fairly cheap to buy & are completed quickly.

If this game follows the same path as Clash of Clans, the higher levels could get very slow and patience will be a huge requirement!

The biggest difference besides the theme is that in Star Wars Commander, you can recruit Heroes from across the Galaxy. You do have to recruit them after each use but that will just add a little variety to your army make up.

Overall, it's very polished and if you like Star Wars and haven't played Clash of Clans or Boom Beach then this could be a good game for you. If you have played those other games then I'd guess you won't want to play yet another version!

Looking at it with fresh eyes, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 although I won't be playing it as I'm still building my base in Clash of Clans!

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on twitter @NevAHAddict.

So until next time, have fun


****************
Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment