Friday 22 March 2013

Arrgghh! Real Life Interrupts Again!


So it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post & real life has gone crazy on me. I did manage to get my Paladin halfway through Revered with the Shado-Pan & into Honored with the August Celestials but only because of the farm work orders!

I also managed to get both my Warrior & DK's farms opened up to 12 plots so now I can plant the special crops - I went for Songbell Seeds on both as my warrior is my Blacksmith but I'm pretty sure I won't be playing her much. My DK is my scribe & jewelcrafter - not 100% sure I need Spirits of Harmony on her but until I get time to check, I'll keep planting them!

And that's about all I have managed to do in game for the last 2 weeks - oh, I did do 1 evening of pet battles  but it was kind of uneventful. I started a fresh team & managed to beat the Stranglethorn trainer guy but that's as far as I got.

After almost 4 years of illness, unemployment & more illness, I went back to work this week. It was a bit of a shock to my system as you can probably imagine & trying to keep up with twitter & my in-game friends is taking way more time out of my evening than I expected. I think we've also sold the house too (well, we've accepted an offer, hopefully it will proceed to a sale) so there's been lots of lawyer talk going on!

I know I'm probably very ungrateful given the current economic climate but I'm actually quite relieved that my 'job' was only for 1 week. I'm on the job agency radar now though with current references & experience so hopefully there will be more temporary positions coming up. It's also reminded me why I quit my last real job all those years ago! I have a lot of bits & pieces going on all over the place but if I want to be self-employed, I have to find some self-discipline & focus from somewhere!

I'll still be writing here & over at AH Addict too although maybe not as often as I would like - playing WoW to get stuff to write about has been my escape for far too long! Time to knuckle down & work smart!


****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment