Monday 3 August 2015

Movies Unseen


Blaugust Day 3 - Movies Unseen

It's getting late in the day and I'm already half asleep so I'm going to be a bit lazy today and pick up a writing prompt from Jaedia over at Dragons and Whimsy. She wrote her Blaugust post about movies she hasn't seen yet and as I often hear the same "you haven't seen that yet!" comments as she mentions, I thought I'd list a few movies that people seem to think I should have seen.

Top of the list is Saving Private Ryan, followed closely by The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption. I also haven't seen Hannibal or Frozen and I'm not sure I've seen all of the Star Wars movies yet either! Another classic I haven't seen in full is The Rocky Horror Show - that always amazes people when I say that!

The last movie I saw at a theater was the first Avengers movie and before that, I think it was the first of the reboot Star Trek movies. I do have a soft spot for romantic comedies or chick flicks and I definitely love a good action packed movie. I love the Die Hard films - as unrealistic as they are, they are still damn good light entertainment.

I'm not a big movie fan as I always feel like I should be doing other stuff. It's very rare that I will sit and watch TV for an hour, let alone 2 or more! When I do watch TV here in the UK, it tends to be Masterchef or The Great British Bake Off - I absolutely adore cooking shows!

My favorite show recently is Vikings but I'm watching White Collar on Netflix at the moment. I've already watched all of Person of Interest and Lie to Me but my next show to watch is Sense8 - I saw the first episode but it got lost in all the new stuff they are releasing at the moment so I need to catch up there.

The one time I do watch a fair bit of TV is when I'm visiting Cold - with only one computer, it's impossible to game together so we watch some DVD's instead. I'm definitely getting an education in American comedies and after a glass or two of Kraken and coke or a glass of wine, they seem all the funnier.

Are there any movies that surprise people when you say you haven't seen them?



****************

6 comments:

  1. Ahh Vikings. I'm going to watch that after I complete the Inspector Lewis series on my Amazon Fire. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab! It feels slow but I was amazed by how gripping it was. No spoilers though, I've only seen the first 2 seasons! lol Do hope you're not squeamish either - it is a bit bloody here and there :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know right! lol Pretty sure I'll catch up eventually though :)

      Delete
  3. *scribbles some more movies down*

    I'm the same. I like to watch TV more anyway, but the idea of being tied into watching something for 2 or 3 hours just puts me off, especially with so many games to play and books to read and blogs to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even have a TV so watching a movie at my computer desk sucks too! Books & blogging sounds about right for me as well :)

      Delete