Monday 17 August 2015

5 Happy Photos

5 Happy Photos - Blaugust Day 17

Today I'm taking a lovely writing prompt from the suggestions over at the Blaugust Nook. This one was given by Ariellalphabet from Comics & Cookies blog and it's 5 Happy Photos. I am cheating again, just a tiny bit - 4 photos and a meme. That's not because I couldn't find my happy photos, oh no - I have lots that make me happy but someone might get a little mad at me because they are all of him! lol

Anyway, this first one is me at about 2 1/2 years old on my first visit to a beach that I remember. It's always been one of my favorite baby photos of me and I absolutely love the expression on my face. Cheeky, happy innocence before life got to me. We spent hours throwing pebbles into the sea, trying to make them skip across the water. I think I still have a pebble from that beach somewhere!


This next one was a tandem paraglide with a Cypriot guy called Oscar. It was an amazing experience and if I'm not smiling widely in the photo, it's because the wind was cold and found a couple of sensitive spots in my teeth! We had a slightly fast landing too so I jarred my back which put me out of action for a couple of days! My favorite memory of this one was looking down and seeing eagles soaring below us!

This one is much more recent - just the beginning of this year. Cold took me to the Melting Pot for my birthday meal. It's a fondue restaurant and I'd never had fondue so it was perfect. He'd also splashed out on a birthday package so there were balloons, a little cake, glasses of champagne and this photo in a frame. This isn't a very good copy of the photo as I just used my phone's camera to make a quick copy for myself. It's very rare that I like photos of myself - I hate being in front of a camera but I love this one.


This one is even more recent - just this last May when we went out for a meal at a Brazilian place with our friend Michael. There was a huge buffet and then the servers just kept arriving at the table with all sorts of different meats. After that we headed to a nightclub. Another first for me - at least for the last 30 years or so anyway! I never really got into clubbing when I was younger. Another photo of myself that I like - actually, this one is my phone wallpaper and makes me smile every time I look at it. There's just something about this man of mine that makes me look good in photos!


And last but not least, one of my favorite memes - just a cute little kitten, smelling a beautiful day ahead.

****************

No comments:

Post a Comment