Monday 3 December 2012

Down on the Farm - Nev's Luck


Today was one of those days where I wished my dragon was real & I could just fly away somewhere calm! It all started late last night - I've been kind of slacking in the leveling alts department over the last few weeks so these three girls have only 4 farm plots each so far. I only tend them when I remember as well so not exactly the most productive of my in-game time either! But last nights farming was a good example of how today was going to turn out - did I ever mention how much of a love/hate relationship I have with RNG in game?

Pinkie's Farm
Pinkie's farm - she was my 2nd ever alt to max level - a combat rogue I struggled with all the way to 80, then 85 - she's not going to 90 any time soon though unless I just herb all the way! Three out of four plots with 'occupied soil' - that means she gets the crap beaten out of her 3 times in a row!

Q's Farm
After that beating, I logged my hunter next - this one is still 85 & marksman spec. I'll probably not level her for a while yet as I'm leveling my US Hunter first. She also got three out of four plots with 'occupied soil' but her bear, Cuddly (named after my very first ever in-game friend, a druid tank at the time) takes good care of her so although it takes a little time, she doesn't usually get beaten up.

Xan's Farm
And then I logged Xan my DK - I harvested & tilled my soil quite happily - such a relief after fighting so much on the other two farms & then this happened! Plant four seeds, three needed some fighting done! What on earth did I do to deserve such crappy luck on my three farms?

Well I don't know but today, everything I have touched in real life has also gone the same way - 55 mins on hold with one company, only to be told I failed the security questions (my birthday & phone number FFS!) & I would have to call again to speak to a different advisor. Then I tried to order a printed bank statement - sorry, error message - my name was not on the account at that time - WTF! It's been my sole account for 3 years now. Anyways, it kinda went downhill from there so I'm going to bed early tonight, in case I touch something important & that falls off or something!


Main image © Uildrim via DeviantArt, available to purchase as a print

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it, I have a full farm on my main and that goes on for ages, I leave the non 90 farms alone. I am still trying to get revered with Shado-Pan, Klaxxi plus AC after that. Not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using my farms to provide mats for my cooking leveling on my main but that's almost done now. As for how I do it - I'm just about friendly with Golden Lotus & haven't even started on the next lot of reps! I've been doing a lot of wandering around, doing a bit here & a bit there so I guess it's all about prioritites & of course, organisation!

    ReplyDelete