Thursday 14 May 2015

Hello St Louis, I've Missed You!


Well, I made it to St Louis and am now all settled in on Cold's PC! I didn't sleep very well last night - I guess 24 hours awake meant I was overtired & that combined with the relief of being close to my man again just messed my sleep pattern up. I've done nothing very productive today but I did have a 3 hour nap straight after breakfast which definitely helped!

I headed straight to the City Diner for breakfast - it's always the first thing I do when I get here! I love that place and my friend Ginny the waitress there was pleased to see me I think. Some of the other familiar faces were missing though - it sucks to miss changes as they happen because they all hit you at once when you do get back.

I also caught up with my friend Robert, the old guy I mentioned the other day. I thought his grin was going to split his face and his hug nearly made me pop, he hugged me so hard! A whole bunch of the other residents were in the foyer area too and they were all happy to see me - talking all at once was confusing.

It made me realise though, just how few people will miss me when I finally leave the UK. Of course, my family will and maybe one set of neighbours but since my divorce, I've sort of lost touch with so many people and I've been working in temporary assignments too so no co-workers to miss me either.

Strangely I'm not lonely at home though - I guess my social life is almost completely internet based and I can do that from anywhere. That meshes nicely with my ambition to make a living from online business too and if that works as I hope it will, it won't necessarily even be St Louis that I work from!

The long term goal for my online business is to be completely independent of location. As long as I have my laptop with me, I can access internet from almost anywhere and I'll have all my files and any necessary programs on my laptop. It's a bit of a pie in the sky dream for now but if I do the work and follow other successful people who live this way then I have no doubt, I can do it too.

That's partly why I'm pushing myself to do this 500 words a day challenge - it's an effort to train myself to write something every day, even if I don't feel like it or am stuck for ideas. These blank sheets don't scare me half as much as they used to and whilst I'm not sure how interesting my random posts are to my readers, it's still good practice!

I would be interested to know what you think so far - am I just waffling on to thin air or do you find this personal kind of post interesting? I know I enjoy random posts on some of the blogs I read. It gives me a better idea of the person behind the blog and some writers are really interesting people apart from what their main blog topic is!

(500 Word Challenge - day 13 word count 543)

****************

Check out my other projects
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

and my photography site
HVS PHotography

****************

No comments:

Post a Comment