Sunday 18 January 2015

One Minute Gaming #37 - Jenga!

This week I found an old family favorite that's been adapted to a digital game - Jenga. It's been expanded from the original idea so there are several modes of play available. You can play online with friends or strangers by signing in to Jengaworld in a real time game or you can play solo against the clock and compare times & tower heights with friends through the gamecenter.
There's also an arcade style game where the blocks are colored and you get bonus points for making new layers of the same color blocks. The faster you remove & replace blocks, the higher your score but you're against the clock too so make the most of those color bonuses.
I like the classic version best - I'm slow and careful so playing fast against the clock just results in very short games for me!

The graphics are great and you can turn the camera angle for best view of your tower. There's a tumble warning icon too so you can change your mind before you start removing a block.

You can tap or gently swipe a block to remove it but just like in real world game, watch carefully for the tower wobble - you don't want to go too fast & bring it down after all!
It's an absorbing game and just as much of a challenge as the original so I'm giving Jenga an 8 out of 10.
If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.
So until next time - have fun!


***************
Check out my latest project!

No comments:

Post a Comment