Sunday 11 January 2015

One Minute Gaming #36 - Amazing Ninja

This week I've been playing a very simple looking game called Amazing Ninja. It has only two controls - tap on the left of the screen to jump or on the right side of the screen to attack. As the screen scrolls, you face simple little stick men ninjas or runners - you have to jump over the blue guys and attack the red guys. That sounds so simple doesn't it? Well, it would be if the blue guys and red guys didn't come at you pretty fast and you have to jump across obstacles and gaps in the terrain too. You can't attack from mid-air either so if the blue guy gets in the way, you'll probably die to the red guy behind him!
I played for over an hour and my high score is about 6! I'm useless at it but the sound effects and continual failure noises made me giggle - rather like Flappy Bird did. You giggle because you can't believe how such a simple looking game can be so difficult!
The graphics are extremely basic although very neat, the idea is very simple but the gameplay is quite challenging. frustration levels for Amazing Ninja are very high though so if you have a blood pressure problem, I wouldn't play this one!
Overall, I'd give Amazing Ninja a 6 out of 10 - easy to learn, hard to achieve good scores but great for a 5 minute break now & then.
If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict.
So until next time, have fun!



***************
Check out my latest project!

No comments:

Post a Comment