Wednesday 6 August 2014

One Minute Gaming #20 - Fates Forever

Fates Forever
This week I've been trying out a new MOBA for the iPad called Fates Forever and I have to say on first impressions, I'm pretty impressed! I've been playing League of Legends this year and this Fates Forever feels very very similar.

The graphics are a bit cutesy  but as it's based on animals as the heroes and set in a woodland environment, I guess cute is not really a surprise! I do like the music & voice acting too.

I've played through the tutorials and I have to say, I think they are some of the best tutorials I've come across - a total MOBA newbie could easily pick up the basics and enjoy playing straight off.

There's the usual gear shop within the game which uses gold earned in a match - that will be familiar to MOBA players but there's also a way to earn Ore by playing. Jade is the Real Money option and you can buy it to use instead of Ore to unlock characters to play.

But there's no need to pay to unlock characters - each week has different free ones and earning Ore works just as well for most purchases even if it takes a little longer!

If you're looking for a portable MOBA to get your fix between League of Legends or Smite fixes, this could well be an option for you - I love it and give it a 9 out of 10. I haven't actually played it very much but with a long journey coming up, I'm pretty sure this game will help pass a lot of time in the air!

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

so until next time - have fun!


****************

Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment