Saturday 26 July 2014

One Minute Gaming #19 - PewPew!

PewPew!
This week I've found a new version of an old favorite arcade game - it's called PewPew and is an updated version of Asteroids and yes, it does have pewpew sound effects too!

The graphics are simple line elements and the basic controls are direction on the left thumb and shooting direction with the right but that really messes with my brain! In the old arcade game, you could only shoot forward of your ship so you had a direction button and a fire button - I remember hours of spinning in one place and only moving when I really had to!

There are 4 other variations of the basic game you can play - Pandemonium, Dodge This, Assault & Chromatic Conflict - all great fun but Chromatic Conflict is my favorite - you can only kill enemies the same color as your ship & you have to get to colored bases or 'pulsars' to change your own color!

I've only just started playing it but I think this could be a great game for those 5-10 minute gaps, especially if you want an adrenaline boost. I'd give this an 8 out of 10.

"Edited to add - it's 2 weeks later and I'm still playing it a lot! I feel like a big kid again!"

I found it on the iPad App Store but PewPew is also available on Android - Yay! That's good news for me as I have an Android phone too!

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on twitter @Nevahaddict or you can leave a comment below.

so until next time, have fun!
****************

Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment