Tuesday 27 May 2014

One Minute Gaming #12 - Aerox

Aerox
This week I've been playing a game called Aerox - it's a simple idea but it's not so simple to play!

You control a ball using the tilt abilities of your iPad with an onscreen touch spot for a brake and one for camera angle. Each level consists of an obstacle course magically suspended above an ocean and all you have to do is not fall off the edge! Much easier said than done!

So far, I've come across bridges, boxes to nudge, bounce traps and have just graduated to angled floors but as long as I take my time, I can do most of them fairly easily even if I am slow! There is a timer on each level so I'm definitely not winning any speed prizes or hitting any leaderboards!

The graphics are clean and crisp, the music is gentle and fairly soothing and not too repetitive.

The options screen lets you adjust the camera tilt sensitivity so if you are having lots of problems - maybe try adjusting that - I did and I think it helped.

When I caught myself swearing and tipping the iPad at sharp angles to stop the ball falling off the edge, I realised that this game has me hooked!

Overall, Aerox has a polished feel and smooth gameplay. I like it but it is only an occasional game for me so I'll give it a 7 out of 10.

If you have a game you'd like to suggest, you can contact me on twitter @Nevahaddict or you can leave a comment below..

Until next time then, have fun!


****************

Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment