Friday 6 September 2013

Alt Appreciation Week - Hunter-time!

Netherstalker Set
So this weeks topic for Laeleiweyn's Alt Appreciation Week is Hunters - I have a few dotted around various servers & just a couple of weeks ago, I dug out my level 86 Hunter on my main server to level her as my 2nd Leatherworker. She's only got to 86 by pet battling though so when I realised I needed to do a few quests to get the Magnificent Hide patterns for Leatherworking, I took her over to the starting area for Pandaria. Once I got my toolbars set up, it still took me a couple of hours to remember how to play her! I got her almost to 88 though so not too far off 90 now.

I used to play Marksman in Cataclysm and did quite a bit of PvP. I'm really not very good at it but I do enjoy it on a Hunter more than any other class. She's also the only alt I've really transmogged too - she was involved in an An'Qhiraj run when she was 60 ish & picked up the gorgeous Dark Edge of Insanity 2H axe. Not long after that, I was questing in Outland, killing Skettis if I remember correctly and some of the netherstalker armor pieces dropped. I love all kinds of purple anyway so once I saw that armor set & had the Axe in the bank, I just had to give it a try!

My US Account has a Hunter as my main - I broke all my reserves & created a Horde toon! She's a Troll with purple hair and I like her for that more than anything else! I did the Scroll of Resurrection
level to 80 instantly thing thanks to Cold, so I didn't have to level her all the way through unknown territories! Probably just as well because I spent the first couple of weeks lost in Orgrimmar!

When Mists of Pandaria arrived, I changed her to Beast Master & tamed one of the caterpillar/wormy things. I was still getting used to keyboard bindings etc but with lots of help from friends, I got there in the end. I did get her to 90 and did quite a few Scenarios early on but she's still not very well geared though - I had to let my US account lapse for the time being.

Grassfed
Then this week brought about a new Hunter - another Horde - a Tauren this time called Grassfed - I wanted to call him TwoVeg so his pet could be called meat but that name was already taken! Now I just need to think of a name that goes with Grassfed :) I created this Hunter to join in with the EU shenanigans over on Draenor - the Godmother got herself talked into started a Hunter only guild so it's full of fellow Twitter peeps! I did log in a couple of times but my Auction House stuff is building to a climax before the release of Patch 5.4 next week so I've been kind of busy elsewhere!

I also swore to myself that I wouldn't spend hours in the AH on Draenor but it's my first glimpse of a high population AH & I'm loving it! I created a bank alt purely to sell anything I collected whilst leveling but I soon fell back into my gold making habits. If you have TSM or Auctioneer - run the vendor scan - it really helps build up some starting capital! I went from 3 gold to 30 gold in about 15 minutes just buying stuff to vendor and running back and forth from Auction House, mailbox & vendor!

I was hoping I could knuckle down & get my main Hunter to 90 by the end of the week & I still have a day or so left to do it but I got lucky & the Hearthstone EU Beta test went live so I've been sort of busy there too!

Next week is Mage week but it's also patch week. Mage is my most hated class & one I've not leveled past level 20 yet! I have a feeling that there won't be a Mage appreciation week for me although I am playing a Mage deck in hearthstone! Does that count? lol


****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!

3 comments:

  1. You can appreciate in any way you want to ofc, even Hearthstone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Hunter is only lvl 32..I have along way to go! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved the idea of Laeleiweyn's alt appreciation week, but with the patch so close there was no way I could join in (I have a rather serious raid team to juggle with my AH addiction and my even worse pet collecting addiction).
    Glad to see you are enjoying the hunter. Mine's still sat at 85 as I haven't had the chance to work onher this expansion yet. My mage did manage to hit 90 last week though which amused me no end as I ran her to halfhill at 85 and have only used her for the Ironpaw shuffle!

    ReplyDelete