Thursday 23 April 2015

One Minute Gaming #46 - Pixel Dungeon


This week, I've been playing a game called Pixel Dungeon, suggested to me on Twitter by Mike Sherretz. At first glance, I thought 'great! a platform type game' but once I opened it up, it turned out to be a vertical jumping game!

You play a knight in shining armor, jumping and bouncing your way up the screen, collecting diamonds as you go. The only control you have is the tilt function for left or right but don't miss the next platform or you'll fall off the screen and have to start over! You can jump off the screen to each side but make sure there's a platform to land on or you'll die again!

Some platforms have dragons on them which you need to avoid (or you die) and some have power ups like extra bounce or speed. You can buy upgrades in the store with the in-game currency and you can also change characters too.


It's a great game for kids or for killing 5 spare minutes & the graphics are kinda cute. The one big downside for me is the adverts between each game. I wouldn't mind if they were just static pop ups to close but these aren't - they are 5, 10 and even 20 second video ads which you can't close until the timer finishes. You can pay real money to remove the adverts but I don't think the game is good enough to pay out for!

It's not a bad game at all but the ads kill it for me so I'd give it a 4 out of 10.

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

So until next time - have fun!
****************

Don't forget to check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

or my new Kindle book on Amazon!
Improve Your Flower Photography

****************

No comments:

Post a Comment