Sunday 14 December 2014

One Minute Gaming #34 - Space Cadet

This week, I decided to go retro and take you back to the game that started my love of video games - a Space Invaders style game called Space Cadet. The graphics are obviously much improved but the basic game play is the same.Just a left/right movement and a fire button.

Your task is to shoot down the alien invaders that come in waves but unlike the original, you don't have bases to hide behind and there are bonus drops and energy bombs to collect.

The bonus drops build up your cash store so you can buy weapon upgrades, shields and more powerful special weapons.

The waves of aliens get trickier to shoot and they fly in different patterns on each level. Some have shields so you have to shoot them multiple times to remove them and there is often a much larger enemy on the last wave which has a special attack for you to survive.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one! It really is old school video arcade style gaming on your ipad so I'm going to give this a 9 out of 10. I love it and once the adrenaline gets going, you might understand why so many people used to be addicted to this style of game!

If you have a game you'd like to suggest, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

So until next time, have fun!


****************
Check out my latest project

No comments:

Post a Comment