Wednesday 22 October 2014

Return to Stormwind

Last week I finally caved in and bought myself a month of game time for World of Warcraft. I'd been seeing so many tweets about the pre-expansion patch that I just had to go and have a look for myself.

I logged each alt to see what they look like with the new character model and I'm ok with my Draenai's. My main definitely needed a new face though so I took her straight to the barber shop. Not sure the screenshot above is her best angle, I think she's half asleep but believe me, it's much better than the new version of her old face!

Two of my three gnome alts are lowbies so I've already deleted one and once I move everything over to another alt, my little banker gnome will be deleted too. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my level 86 Gnome Rogue though. I don't play my Rogue very often so I may leave her for now and decide later.

After scrabbling through all their banks and rearranging some stuff, I took my main over to the Blasted lands to have a look at the Dark Portal event. She's a Paladin and I've been struggling with her for quite a while but out of all my alts, her toolbar was the least empty so I did a quick shuffle to fill the gaps and headed out.

I'm pretty sure my DPS was rubbish but she felt more comfortable to play & I wasn't struggling to kill the mobs. I get the feeling that the mobs are fairly straightforward for everyone though so that's not really a good indicator!

I got a few gear upgrades too so her item level is around 500 now - I really hadn't done much gear chasing in the whole of Mists so it's nice to see it creeping up.

I've barely even looked at the Auction House either - I decided to make myself actually play the game rather than just one small part of it. I only have 30 days and I don't want to spend all of them in the Auction House! I am a returning addict though so this will be a good test to see if I can get back to enjoying questing, dungeons and maybe even some PvP.


****************
Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment