Saturday 20 September 2014

One Minute Gaming #25 - Deemo

This week I want to tell you about a game called Deemo - I'm not sure quite what category this one will fit though - it's a music/rhythm game but the graphics are beautiful anime and it's based on piano music.

As far as I can see, you just tap the screen as the falling notes hit the bar - I'm so unmusical, I can't tell if I'm doing it right or not! I tried hitting the notes as they touch the bar and I tried hitting the notes before they hit the bar but my score stayed almost the same each time.

It's billed as a rhythm game though so perhaps it's more about hitting them in time to the beat or something - that pretty much counts me out then!

There are various levels of difficulty too and you can change the speed of the falling notes to make it harder as well. I'm still on the basic easy level stuff but I am finding it quite compelling!

The graphic art is gorgeous - slightly macabre anime and beautiful line drawing illustrations decorate each music choice - all of which are piano based tracks but all are lovely and help keep you absorbed in the game.

I'm sure this won't be a popular choice for many but it does have a certain je ne sais quoi about it so I'm going to give it a 7 out of 10.

If you have a game you'd like me to suggest, you can contact me on twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

So until next time

Have fun!


****************
Check out my latest project

No comments:

Post a Comment